Get more out of life with GoSafe
Manitobans are busy, on-the-go people. Victoria Lifeline’s Go Safe Mobile Service can support your active lifestyle by giving you the freedom to do what you love. The GoSafe mobile personal help button works inside your home and outside on the go as you continue to live your life to the fullest. The only mobile button with six advanced locating technologies, GoSafe gives you the confidence to continue doing what you love - whether it's walking your dog at night or an afternoon coffee date with friends.
Our most comprehensive and innovative medical alert system, GoSafe is packed with state-of-the-art technology. It is designed to send in a help call when you press the button, sense when you've had a significant fall and provide you with a direct, two-way communication with the Lifeline Response Centre right through the button. With fall detection and advanced geolocation technology, GoSafe can quickly find you in the event of an emergency and send help right to your location.1
The GoSafe button seamlessly transitions from the in-home communicator to sophisticated locating technologies as soon as you leave the house, providing you with 24/7 coverage even when you're on the go.4
Features & Benefits
Superior Fall detection technology
GoSafe includes the AutoAlert fall detection feature that can automatically send in a help signal if a fall is detected whether you're home or away.2
Two-way voice feature
Speak right into the GoSafe button for direct, two-way communication with the Lifeline Response Centre. With a microphone and speaker built-right into the button, you will quickly hear a reassuring voice when you need help.
Six Locating Technologies
GoSafe uses 6 advanced locating technologies including GPS, WiFi and intelligent breadcrumbs to help us identify your location.1 For a more detailed explanation on how the locating technologies work, please watch the video below.
Professional In-home Installation by our local, trained Representatives
A Home Service Representative will explain how the service works, install the equipment, and walk you through your first test call with the Response Centre so you know what to expect.
No phone line needed
With more and more people foregoing traditional telephone service, we have a wireless option available.3
The battery on the GoSafe button lasts up to 7 days on a single charge. It comes with an easy-to-use, lightweight charging cradle that allows you to wear the button while it's charging so you are never without protection.
The GoSafe system issues audible (tone), visual (flashing lights) and verbal reminders when the button needs to be charged or when a help call is in progress.
In-Home pendant locator
If you misplace your button somewhere in the home, you can activate the audio-beacon to easily locate the lost button.
Loved ones and family members can be notified of an emergency via text message/email
With the Auto-Notification feature, the Lifeline Response Centre can notify your family in the event of an emergency by text message or email so they never overlook an important call.4
Want to know how we can find you when you push your button? Watch this informational video on the technology behind GoSafe.
Who is right for the GoSafe Mobile Service?
- Individuals who are active and on the go and don't want anything to jeopardize their independence. GoSafe gives them the peace of mind to go out and enjoy life without worrying about a medical emergency or accidental fall.
- All you dog lovers! Walking a dog is one of life's simplest pleasures - imagine the comfort you will feel walking your beloved pet with the GoSafe pendant around your neck.
- Those who like to get out and socialize with friends year round and want the sense of security GoSafe provides even in our cold Manitoba winters. Worried about those icy sidewalks when you walk to your car? GoSafe includes AutoAlert fall detection technology so you can access help immediately from wherever you are in the event of a fall.1
- People who go out 3-4 times a week alone, perhaps to volunteer or exercise at the YMCA.
- And it's even right for people who spend a lot of time at home but love GoSafe's two-way voice feature, knowing they can hear a reassuring voice right through the button from anywhere in their home or yard.
1Lifeline may not always be able to determine your location. 2Equipment may not detect all falls. Undetectable falls include slow falls, falls from low heights and slides from seated positions. If able, users should always press their button if they need help. 3Lifeline wireless communicators connect to the Philips Lifeline Response Centre using the third party cellular provider. A customer phone number is required to enroll in the service. 4Certain limitation subject to third party cellular provider availability and coverage.